Lifting Covid Restrictions for Sunday Worship, May 30th, 2021
The elders have decided to lift all social distancing and masking requirements starting this Sunday, the 30th. Given the numbers in our church who have already recovered from Covid or who have been vaccinated, and given the changing public recommendations, we think this is the right time and that continuing masking / distancing requirements is no longer reasonable. We are making two provisions for anyone who still wants to mask for personal reasons: During Adult Sunday School, the last two pews will still be reserved for masks. Similarly, during the worship service, the last two rows in the Fellowship Hall will be reserved for masks.
What this means is that all pews in the Sanctuary will be open for seating this coming Sunday, except for two pews in the back reserved for visitors who arrive late. Based on our recent attendance, overflow seating will still be needed in the Fellowship Hall. We will also resume observing an Offertory as part of corporate worship. (Please remember to stay home if you or anyone in your household is having Covid-like symptoms.)
If anyone has any personal concerns or suggestions in light of these changes, the elders want to hear from you, so please let us know. Thank you for your prayers, and please continue to pray for God’s guidance and protection for our church.
Update for Sunday Worship, April 25th, 2021
After a few weeks of extra precaution, we will be back to a full ministry schedule this Sunday. More than two weeks will have passed since our last new positive case. So we will be having in-person Sunday Schools for all ages. Nursery and Children’s Church will be open.
While we support those in the congregation who still need to quarantine for personal reasons, we want to encourage all those who can to return to public worship and fellowship. The public gathering, worship, and fellowship of God’s people is crucial to the spiritual health of the church and spiritual growth in our lives.
Please note: all other Covid protocols currently remain the same. Remember, if anyone in your household has had a fever or been sick since the previous Sunday, please stay home.
Changes for Sunday Worship, April 11-18, 2021
Because of the recent rise in Covid cases in our church and the numbers of families that are affected and still in quarantine, there will be NO Children’s Sunday School, Children’s Church, or evening nursery this week. The Adult Sunday School class will be by Zoom only at 9:30am. Morning and evening service will continue at the normal times with the normal protocols. Please be sure to follow the masking guidelines and be careful of distancing.
FRBC Easter Guidelines – As of April 3, 2021
Here are our Easter Sunday guidelines:
- Adult Sunday School is by Zoom at 9:30am; there will be no children’s Sunday School classes.
- Our Easter Worship Service will be open for in-person worship for those able to come.
- There will be no nursery available this week.
- Masks are required at all times when moving throughout the building and when in the sanctuary. In the Fellowship Hall, masks are voluntary when seated.
- There will be no observance of the Lord’s Supper this week.
- Fellowship inside the building before and after the service is currently discouraged.
FRBC Covid Guidelines – As of October 2020
Starting Sunday, October 18th, FRBC returns to full Sunday ministries, with in-person Sunday School at 9:45am, morning worship at 11am, and evening meetings (depending on the week) at 5pm.
PLEASE NOTE: We are aware that the SARS-CoV-2 virus is still active in the Delaware County area and there are reports of increased cases. FRBC cannot guarantee that participants in FRBC programs will not become infected with COVID-19. Participation could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. (According to the CDC, the currently estimated survival rate is 99.997% for ages 0-19, 99.98% for ages 20-49, 99.5% for ages 50-69, and 94.6% for ages 70+.)
We are observing the following social distancing protocols:
- Masks are currently required for worship in the Sanctuary, in the downstairs hallways and bathrooms, and at the front (street side) entrance (which is a health security entrance).
- Masks are currently voluntary for worship in the Fellowship Hall and in the basement overflow room.
- Children will be asked to wear masks when going to their Sunday School classroom, but will be allowed to remove their masks during Sunday School.
- Adult Sunday School will have mask seating in the back of the sanctuary, mask optional towards the front.
- Children’s classes will require a temperature check before entry.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
Parents, please note the following locations for your kids’ classes…
- Young 2-3 year olds: Room 3 (Children’s Church room)
- Older 3-5 year olds: Room 2
- K – 2nd Grade: Room 6
- 3rd – 5th Grade: Room 5
- Middle School: Unpartitioned ramp rooms 7/8
- High School: Fellowship Hall
Personal health protocols…
- Stay home if health compromised or vulnerable; uncomfortable of gathering.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household has had a fever or has been sick since the previous Sunday.
- Maintain social distance with anyone outside of your own household.
- Wash hands and use sanitizer stations.
- During service, parents should keep children with you and escort those under 8 to the bathroom.